May 30, 2007

The way the music feels in the morning

I've been a writing machine
I feel more like a real person than ever

Don't you love the way music feels in the morning
"Belief is a beautiful armor / that makes for the heaviest sword"
I love prancing around my room at 6:30 am
Pretending to scream at the top of my lungs
Who needs coffee when sunlight and drums
Can jolt you?

I'm Johnny Cash today
I'm a little bit everyday
But clad in black
I wear his world well
I'd like to think it's more
Cash-a-la-carte
I don't take on his abusive side
And I certainly don't have a doll like June Carter by my side
But the depth, realism, and personal honesty...
Got it today.
Overt cheesiness, but unflappable confidence in it...
Check.
Tormented soul, always looking skyward...
Welcome.

There is so much of me I am willing to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment