May 14, 2007

Two-fer Monday

i'm trying to run underwater
you're just out of reach for your own good
my career and my days
are starting to widen their gap as well

"I'm just putting myself in a position to be successful"
At the core of Nihilism is that very notion
Just making something a possibility
Is a cause for celebration
I don't think it's selling short either
It's an achievement to stand at the cusp of something great
To be on the verge of making your mark.

on the other hand, i feel like i'm falling
where i am at the mercy of what others want
of my affections,
my intentions,
my love,
my talents,
my advice
and everything is everything to me

i owe myself to be frank
to be clear
to expect reciprocated clarity
i will accompany this with a wince
because at the heart of nihilism
(not a fucking "screw the government" idea)
the notion of failure is a noble, but expected and accepted alternative.


i miss those days when the nights never ended
and i would sneak off and get lost in someone all night
wake up with the sunrise
and make breakfast for two

No comments:

Post a Comment