May 13, 2007

Staring at Grandpa's flag

I don't think if I tried, I could sleep in anymore. Been up since 8:30am, and now I'm wide-fucking-awake. The sun in my room is like a motherly nudge that always wakes me. My other room in this house was a cave, and I could be pitch dark in the highest noon. I don't feel as tired here, maybe my body responds to sun better.

I told Elliot that we're getting up to go for a long walk today, because these days are not able to be wasted anymore. Perfect weather, and territory to explore. 2pm, and we're outta here.

Chris, Carl, Dorian, Me, and Elliot are now the Funk Brothers of the New Millennium, an otherwise-offensive name, since no one compares to the unsung Funk Brothers of the days of Motown, but given our impromptu jam session last night, is more than warranted. Add DJ Scratch in at the end, and the circle is complete. If you missed it, I don't think we'll ever re-capture how raw and crazy and drunken and heroic and fantastic it was, but it was special, to say the very least. We raised enough money for Operation Smile that 3 children are going to have their cleft palettes repaired, and thats what the rock is all about.

I got out of bed to go watch my now-favorite movie, Sideways, and much to my dismay, the DVD is missing. I cannot describe my disappointment. Made me want to blog.

Sunday morning in my little front room are so relaxing and therapeutic, music can be as loud as it wants to be, I won't wake anyone. The sun keeps peering in, like some inquisitive neighbor. Just laying here with my wireless keyboard, staring at Grandpa's WWII flag on my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment