May 22, 2007

1,000 places to see before you die...

Called into work today. Hadn't been sleeping very much lately, and I needed the time to mend and be comfortable.

Personal recap.

I have another interview on Thursday for my potential promotion. It's at least a 6K a year raise, plus more vacation time and the like. More responsibility, more hours, but I'm excited for new opportunities. I should know next week, and I really am starting to feel good about the prospects. Compels me to go to graduate school.

Spent last night with Maria Lisa. The show was the best concert I've ever been to. The music took me on a journey into myself. It was so sensual, sexual, passionate, and raw. I could tell she really enjoyed it; she kept screaming out when the songs finished. Felt good to know she was having such a good night, with the job offer she got, the day spent wandering until I got off of work, then the show, and dinner afterwards on the upper east side, and drinks. It felt like I've known her for 50 years, I just felt so at ease with her across the table. I tend to get nervous around new people, and I checked my hesitation at the door for once.

Got home close to 2am, but stayed up till 3 or so. Sometimes the nights just don't end right away I guess.

Got up today, and not much has really transpired, but I feel so happy and confident and invigorated. I said goodbye to Maria Lisa, and then took a nap. When I woke, I feel like I have some clarity that was never really there.

I have been to the top of the mountain, and to those who know what I mean, you also know why that is so. I stayed there, enjoyed the view, like a tourist, like the sunrise at Machu Pichu, and now I'm on my merry way. No one, no matter how confused or hurt or cast aside I feel by them, can take my sunrise on Machu Pichu away. No one. Not even if I want them to.

That's two new tastes this weekend. One is the mountaintop, the other a confidence-booster. I can do this. I am still worthy.

1 comment:

  1. of course you are. hope you had a beautiful sunrise.

    ReplyDelete