May 27, 2007

Just 'cause Jack Kerouac liked it, doesn't mean I can find my book at Strand Bookstore. Boo.

Found two books yesterday while out
Been craving them to be in my collection
Douglass Coupland at his finest
And first
Generation X:
Tales for an Accelerated Culture
Sheds so much light on my existence
And that of the those around me
Provides an immediate source of humor as well

The other
Cash: The Autobiography
by Johnny Cash
I immediately give to Veen on loan
I've read it recently
but lost my own copy
I see him a few hours later, and he's 50 pages in already
It will do that to you

what happened this week
i don't think i could ever say
oh the drink does dastardly things

notes from Friday;
honey you're killing me
the way you're spilling me
you're covering me from the thin air
you can face me like a stranger
loving you's been a deal-breaker
and at the same time, a dream-maker
is this what I get for letting you in?
There's no lonely like standing in Greenwich Village
When I know that you sleep and dream
Show me how you sleep so soundly
Do I disappoint you?

I am a more compelling player than you
I am a more demanding man than you

No comments:

Post a Comment