September 13, 2010

It's So Easy to Stray.

On Saturday, I ate:

Whole Grain Oatmeal, topped with fat free strawberry yogurt, strawberries, and blueberries. 
Then, large Powerade Zero.

And, urgh, here we go:

Sliced Steak Sandwich, topped with mozzarella cheese, peppers and onions
Banana
Hot Dog and Bun
Corned Beef and Cabbage Sandwich
1 pitcher of beer

THEN:
6 more drinks, causing a good buzz, leading to:

10 Buffalo Chicken Wings
Bleu Cheese Dressing
3 slices of Pizza

I did some of the math, and it was about 4,000 calories for the day.  I'm pretty much ashamed of myself.

No excuses, no matter what or why.

I am writing this as a personal note to myself, on how easy that was to do and to stray, and how it affected your digestion, sleep, dreams, and your recovery the next day.  YOU WORK TOO HARD FOR THIS CRAP.  Pun intended.

Back to the straight and narrow today, and also tomorrow.  You will succeed.

1 comment:

  1. I did the same. It was hard to stay on track at a place like that, but still, when I added everything at the end of the day, I was disappointed in myself. I could have tried harder. I could have not lost control...

    But here I am, still going, still slowly (and yes, I mean slowly) and sometimes frustratingly, plugging away at my goal. I've been fighting my body - playing games, hating myself, starving, binging... - for ten years. That's practically half my life. Enough is enough. I'm frustrated, and I'm done with that part of me.

    Thanks for posting something so honest. You have a great perspective. I know you'll succeed :0)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete