February 12, 2010

Getting Now Good

  • There will be 10-12 new Celtic songs for all the upcoming Irish gigs. St. Patrick's Day is my favorite day of the year, not because of drinking. The music. I feel charged from forces greater than I with the responsibility of telling stories of all the men and women before me; to keep the ghosts alive for another year. The more I learn, the more I realize how heavy that responsibility really is.
  • With three clicks of a mouse...POOF! There goes $1200. But it's nice to pay debt. And nice to feel like you start at 0, instead of -1200.
  • This week has been a rebirth in many ways for me musically. I love playing, love singing, and am not panicking about my career. In time.
  • The new song I wrote I believe is my most honest and best work to-date. I say that without hesitation, either.
  • I decided how I am going to end my album, in terms of the very last thing the listener hears. I think it's appropriate given my upbringing and my family.
  • The Sabres have lost 6 in a row. Which is precisely when I started to watch them. It's so frustrating seeing them crumble, seeing the management do nothing to make the team better. I pay $30 a month to watch the games, and it's not a pretty sight anymore. They are now in 2nd place, after having an 11-point lead on Ottawa just a short time ago.
  • I miss my family. I'm excited to be coming home in a few weeks and see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment