June 15, 2007

Sonnet 43 and Guster

Golf on Sunday
Gets me through Saturday
Taking me through Friday
Guster is my Soundtrack of Life right now

Wake up the past few days to:
"Woke up today to everything grey
And all that I saw just kept goin on and on
Sweep all the pieces under the bed
Close all the curtains and cover my head
And what you wish for won't come true
You aren't surprised love, are you?"
____________________________
Part of following The Way
'The path of moderation'
Is cherishing the grey dawns
The cool breeze
The smell of fresh rain

My spirit ascends
And the music
Speaking in tongues
Raises me
"To tell you the truth, I've said it before
Tomorrow I start in a new direction
I know I've been half-asleep
I'm never doing that again
I look straight at what's coming ahead
and soon its going to change in a new direction
Every night as I'm falling asleep
These words repeating in my head
Voices calling from a yellow road
To come downstairs and say hello
Don't be shy, just say hello"
_______________________
Complacent, content Me
I don't wear that badge well
I want everything I can taste
Whether it be the soft, infinite nature
That are a new pair of women's lips
Or the screams of those
Who understand what I can do with song
I must be forced out into the open
To fight through my astigmatism
into the sun

When I begin to feel pain
Associated with loss
mal-opportunity
Or discontent
At dishonesty
Or Deception
Or when my Anxiety Friend pops by
To say hello recently
I again find solace
In words not my own
Transcending my emotions and state
"So long, so long and on to the next one
Go on and it won't be too soon
You're gone, you're gone, are you waiting for something?
Go on cause I won't be back soon
It's hateful to say, see it this way
Don't even know who you are
But in my defense I'd do it again
I don't need to know who you are
So long, so long, front foot leads the back one
Go on and it won't be too soon
You're lost and gone and on to the next one
Don't need to know who you are "
____________________________
Hamlet to Ophelia: Adieu, Adieu.
Echoing back through a millenia
How oft we say goodbye
Out of necessity
I said goodbye to "Annie" once
I would not help her anymore.

A weekend that will test my limits
And my spirit
Resolve
And ability
Come see my show
And see me play me

All days are nights to see till I see thee,
And nights bright days when dreams do show thee me.

No comments:

Post a Comment