April 16, 2007

Redemption Song

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Have no fear of atomic energy
'Cuz none of them can stop the time

How long must they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look
Some say it's just a part of it
You've got to fulfill the book

Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom
'Cuz all I ever had
Redemption Song"

Monday. It's dreary outside. But I feel really good. I have lots to do this week, with hockey ever looming in my interest. Tonight Pat is coming over to rehearse some new music for our gig on Saturday. I'm excited to play these new songs, and a new original too.

Tuesday is nothing really, but we may have people over to the house.

Wednesday I'm making some extra money running sound for Wicked Willy's, my new favorite bar in the Village. If you're reading this, stop by and say hi, I'll be sitting around listening to the acoustic music all night.

Friday I'm playing at Drew University in New Jersey, a 2 hour set, and then driving back. Then the Sabres are playing game 5 that night.

Saturday I'll be at Wicked Willy's, with our very good friend and special guest, Ricky Valente.

I feel redeemed, in all that I've been feeling and thinking and saying and doing. I feel the "songs of freedom" that Mr. Marley sang about. I want those to be my songs, too. I'm excited to do as much singing this week as is needed. I feel better, on the whole, when I sing for hours and hours on end. My favorite thing to sing is the first line of "Ain't too Proud to Beg" by the Temptations...the "I KNOOOOOW you wanna leave me / but I refuse to let you go".

I know this blog is about nothing, really, but we all can't be Hemingway everyday. :) see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment