April 20, 2007

Picture all the possibilities

Off to dirty Jerz tonight to play at Drew University. I'm excited, because I'm going to definitely play all my own music, in a more intimate way. If I do play a cover song, it will be Motown. It has to be. It's all I sing now. Signed, sealed, delivered.

Tomorrow, a triumphant return to Wicked Willy's, chock full of new drumsets, old bassplayers, and special guests to boot. Supposedly, beautiful weather, too, so that's fun. New songs to be debuted, good people and friends in attendance.

I craved a beer last night, for the first time in a really long time. Elliot and I stopped at Harrington's on 7th, between 31st and 32nd. Swithwicks bitter. Just like in the UK, at the soccer games. Extra carbonated, super cold, so flavorful. No head to contend with. Pint glass filled with tastes of hopps and caramel-like hints. Thirst-quenching at its finest. It was good to blow some money for a change on myself.

Life is very complex, and very interesting. 2 drummers + 2 keyboardists + soul = musical. check it out on http://www.myspace.com/johnschmitt

No comments:

Post a Comment