December 3, 2007

"Look at the glade girls...

Your cool new spot
No, stay in the shade, girls!
It's getting hot

It's getting orange"

A fever pitch in my life. So very much.

A recap. I'm currently ripping caluses off my fingertips. How very telling.

My CD is out. My music career unofficially underway. The CD Release was really wonderful, and such a brilliant turnout.

Spent the week afterward touring the Northeast. Made some great contacts and friends, especially in Philadelphia. The time with Jeff was great, I remember why we became such good friends.

Back here, time for Thanksgiving. Made a feast for my friends, and got drunk. 7 bottles of wine. Family, it seems, is where ever you call home, so I was not terribly sad about not being in Buffalo.

Last weekend, one of my only free weekends since September, I went to see Seurat at MoMA. Went with Malissa and Adam. Adam tends to do his own thing, which is good, he knows what space is like. Malissa and I spent over an hour in the Seurat exhibit, and I showed her all the different things in his paintings, his use of color and light, his expressionism, subject matter, and his life story intertwining the paper and canvass. A man of the same ilk as me. Malissa gets it, and would walk up as close as me and then pull back, and the joy I got from his works was remarkable. We laughed until our face hurt, I think because that is what life in its purest form is all about, joy. I am so grateful to have shared that with her, and with Adam.

Played in the village this past weekend, the crowd was electric. Chatted with a new friend from Wales, who bought my CD. They have such wonderful names, the Welch, and their language is so mysterious and lyrical. To me, she spoke in limerick.

Another fresh face that night, too, and seriously, who but me gets caught up talking about Imperial Russia, losing track of time, until 3am? In a crowded bar with ghetto music blasting? Apparently someone else does, too, and it was as if the windows were opened on the night and on the last few weeks. I am a complete, total, and guilty-as-charged nerd. I prefer History Channel over weekly dramas, Modern Marvels in HD over Entourage. Maybe I belong at Columbia Graduate school, too, studying literature. In any event, someone met me half way, and followed up on it the next day. I've already got a book to swap and more insight to share.

Week one of Advent. O come, o come Emmanuel. These are the days in between for me, and I know that being alone is only temporary.

Does it comfort you to know you fought the good fight?

No comments:

Post a Comment