October 20, 2010

My New Friend, Number 2.

I lost 14 pounds since my last visit with the Nutritionist.  Making my sum total 23 pounds overall.  I don't know if you heard me....

I LOST FOURTEEN POUNDS SINCE MY LAST VISIT WITH THE NUTRITIONIST.

That was 4 weeks ago!  I've now lost over TWENTY-THREE POUNDS. 

Here's what that means:

In two months, I now weigh less than I ever have since moving to New York.  That was 4 2/3rd years ago.

In two months, I undid FIVE YEARS of horrible food choices, reckless living, and sedentary life.

In two months, I now stand with a new number in front of my weight for the first time in 4 years: the number 2.

That has been the most relieving part.  The number 2.

The number 3 was so daunting, so abysmal, and so lonely.  It meant stagnant water. It meant extra blue cheese dressing.  It meant growing and growing and growning out of control.  It meant unattractive, disgusting, huge.

The number 2 though, has got something going for him.  I want to end up with number 2 still in front of my weight, but with his buddies 1 and 0 to follow respectively.  Long way to go, but me and number 2 are new friends, and he's going to come along with me as I work towards this.  Number 3, however, is banished.  Never returning. Not on my watch.  Number 3 has done ENOUGH.

Does that make sense? NUMBER 3 IS NOT WELCOME.  GOOD DAY, SIR.

All of this is absolutely me boasting, but not to anyone reading this.  No, I boast to my Irrational Mind.  The 5 year old boy inside me.  The part of me that disregards logic, reason, and moderation.  The part of me that only seeks to satisfy fleeting cravings, seeks out temporary fixes, and throws tantrums when self-denial or reason win out.

SO HERE YOU GO. COLD HARD PROOF. YOUR WAY DOESN'T WORK!  YOU HAVE FAILED, AND I HAVE WON.  NEXT TIME YOU PIPE UP, I'M BREAKING OUT MY FRIEND, NUMBER 2, TO SHOW YOU HOW WRONG YOU ARE.

By Memorial Day of next year, I will weigh 210 pounds.  It's happening, and I will myself to do it.  I will fight, minute-to-minute, and hour-to-hour, but I will absolutely succeed.  And I will always battle, even when I get to where I want to be.  I will never be done fighting. 

But I am now armed with the mindset I need, backed up by cold hard DATA!  Proof to validate the inward thoughts and self-control.  I am armed with an ever evolving wardrobe, out of necessity, and plan to hang on to old jeans and shirts as a reminder.  I may even frame them. 

But there is no stopping this train.  In never stops.  And I am living the change I sought, and fighting every day to make good decisions.  I am winning, and I will continue to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment