November 29, 2013

Ultimately, I can't help but trace this back to you
More and more as the months drag on,
I arrive in the familiar and all-too-telling location
Next to your memory. 
I miss the place you had in my life
More than anything. 
How you let me take care of you
How we danced around the kitchen
While you cooked 
How you were someone I could miss
And someone I could love
How you could absorb all the giving
I was willing to give
I felt so deeply that I needed to outwardly show you 
How much I cared
To perform it in front of you
To tap dance for my lover
So she wouldn't leave. 

No ones ever shown me how to love
I've never learned what adult love really is
Or, if I have,
I'm terrible at it. 
Tragically and woefully terrible. 
So congratulations!
You've still managed to shine a Mirror
To Myself
I again see the Little Boy there
Ready to dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment