August 20, 2013

Hubris from Icarus to Richard Nixon

There is a Truth learned by the Broken:
That loving righteously without pretense
Or condition,
And then the subsequent distortion
Or unfortunate circumstances
Or abuse
Of said love,
Ultimately leading to its Death,
Are overwhelmingly worth
The overwhelming pain.

If I am not guided by Principles

By concepts I believe can propel and push
Me and my fellow Man forward
Concepts like Infinite Patience in Sight of Family or Strained Friendships
Concepts like 
Relationships no longer being transactions between two people
No longer being equivocation, 
One hand giving
And the other awaiting repayment
Concepts like love being an outward force
The pushes outward out of necessity
And not to attain or capitalize 
On someone else's vulnerability;
Well, if I am not guided by these Principles,
Then am I any less Awake than the lazy dog
That sits outside?
Is there any distinction between he and I
Besides the fact that I live for my brothers and sisters
For my Family and Lover
For my God and my Truth?
It is the only separation.

Therefore,

If I reap the benefits and blessings
Of my Principle-Guided Life
Which brings another kindred soul
To walk my path with me
For no matter how long
Then, though parting is such deep sorrow,
I am forever grateful for this Gift.

We must not stack up our outward gifts as trophies

They do not exist within us anymore
We give freely, without condition
And the receiver chooses to do as he or she sees fit.
Gifts of self to others 
Should never be gateways to Overweening Pride
The Hubris that brought down
Everyone from Icarus
To Richard Nixon

So we, the Broken

Were never any less perfect
Than before
Our Truth lies in the cracks.
It forms in the aftermath
Of others who swung the Hammer.

1 comment:

  1. John, do you feel the pain is really worth it?

    ReplyDelete