April 27, 2010

"Gumboots"


"I said hey, breakdowns come, and breakdowns go

Now whatcha gonna do about it, that's what I'd like to know"

Well, I plan on barreling through
To deal
And come out the other end better
But Life marks you as you pass
A branding of character
Of loss
And you turn around and review your Prior Self
And understand.

"Believing I had supernatural powers
I slammed into a brick wall,
I said hey, is this my problem?,
Is this my fault?,
If that's the way it's going to be
I'm going to call the whole thing to a halt"


Well, it's not my fault
None of it
Yet life has dealt me and those close to me
Considerable tragedy
And so we all grieve
On some level.
I'm learning in this process of moving forward
That we do not slowly stop feeling
Or gradually feel better
But rather, we say
ENOUGH.
NO MORE OF IT.
And we make the sign of the cross
And go to sleep.
Even Superman had to rest.

"I said 'hey, senorita, that's astute' I said.
'Why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute'"

I am so close
And realizing that I need not be so scared

"You don't feel you can love me,
But I feel you could"

Rejection, after rejection, after rejection,
After rejection, after rejection, after rejection, after
Rejection, after rejection, after rejec....
......
......
enough.
no more of it.
......
......
In the calm that follows
Astounding to meet someone that likes you around
Who isn't already a dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment