December 2, 2009

Mighty Wind

I arose this morning completely amazed at the beauty of friendship.

And in essence, the beauty of it all.

Had my friend watch "Unmistaken Child" last night, the documentary on the search for the reincarnation of a Tibetan Buddhist Master by his closest disciple, and it reminded me that there is so much beauty and incredible things I know nothing about.

So many valleys filled with people, so many people praying for the fate of this world, and so much wind pushing air around. A Mighty Wind, "blowing piece and freedom, blowing equality" as they say.

Constructive problem solving, which to me separates real friends from acquaintances, is such a beautiful thing.

"I have a problem, but I want us to arrive at a better place by working through it."

"Me too."

And so two people discuss their differences in opinions, the things they take issue with, and the entire time, in the back of your mind, is the understanding that this foundation is much, much too deep to cause this to come crashing down. It makes tones calm, words are thought about before being said, and honesty is spoken that might not otherwise be spoken.

At the end, they follow up with some sort of "I'm glad, and you're still important to me, and will be."

And WHOOOOSH, the anxiety vanishes. Like a gust of wind. For good. And besides the onset of exhaustion, I march forward down the street and through my Day into an evening of relaxation, music, and laughter.

I wake up refreshed, and eager to leave my home and come on here and write for whomever reads, and myself.

I wake up and am actually comforted by the realization that I will never see so much of what this world offers, even in my own neighborhood, my city, and my country. I am comforted in knowing that those bits I don't see will thrive like the ones I do see. The System, God, the Essense, runs deeper than my own senses, and runs everywhere.

To be here is to be everywhere. I'm comforted by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment