September 13, 2007

I bought you flowers, and it was to be an early birthday celebration...

...on the Hudson, looking at the Statue of Liberty.

And you "let me down again, and" you're "sorry."

So I took Dan. And we had fun. And drank.

And all the while I was getting texted by women I wished were you.
By women who weren't supposedly designing logos for this season's harvest.
By women who seek my affections, lust, time, and company.

And you've got 4 songs now.
You've captured 4 of them,
forever in their grandeur unto you.
Congrats.
No one's ever had more than two.
And none so stark in highest highs,
lowest lows, imagery, focus, and depth.
Not even in the vicinity of close to these 4.
My best work, you must know,
has come toiling over whether or not you wanted my affections.

That is no Muse.
It has been a cross to bear.

I threw the flowers out after work, on my way to the bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment